Copyright and Licensing
The authors retain the copyright, as well as give the right to the journal “Medical Law” to publish original scientific articles that contain the results of theoretical research and are not under consideration for publication in other editions. All materials are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY, which allows others to distribute work acknowledging the authorship of this work and the first publication in this journal. Subject to the terms of this license, you may:
distribute: copy and distribute the material in any form or format;
change: remix, transform, and take the material as a basis for any purpose.
It is obligatory to indicate the author, place a link to the license and indicate whether changes have been made to the work. This may be done in any reasonable manner, but in such a way as not to give the impression that the licensor supports or endorses the person using the work or the usage thereof.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal “Medical Law”, the author must enter into a license agreement for the use of the work with the NGO “Foundation of Medical Law and Bioethics of Ukraine” (hereinafter, the Agreement), as in accordance with paragraph 2.1 of the Constituent agreement on the activities of the print media – scientific and practical journal “Medical Law” dated June 16, 2014, All-Ukrainian public organization “Foundation of Medical Law and Bioethics of Ukraine” ensures the implementation of the editorial policy of the journal, is responsible for preparing materials and publishing the next issue thereof. The Agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal’s editorial board.
By signing this Agreement, the author certifies that the submitted material:
- does not infringe the copyrights of other persons or organizations;
- has not been previously published in other issues and has not been submitted to other editions.
The author transfers the rights to:
- publication of the article in Ukrainian and English, distribution of its printed version;
- distribution of the electronic version of the article through any electronic means (placement on the official web-site of the journal, in electronic databases, repositories, etc.).
The author reserves the right without the consent of the editorial board and founders to:
- use the materials of the article in whole or in part for educational purposes;
- use the materials of the article in whole or in part to write their own dissertations;
- use the materials of the article for the preparation of abstracts, conference reports, as well as oral presentations;
- place electronic copies of the article (including the final electronic version downloaded from the official web-site of the journal) at:
- personal web-resources of all authors (web-sites, web-pages, blogs, etc.);
- web-resources of institutions where authors work (including electronic institutional repositories);
- non-commercial open access web resources (for example, arXiv.org).
In all cases, a bibliographic link to the article or a hyperlink to its electronic copy on the official website of the journal is required.